Saturday, January 1, 2011

Remembering 2010 . . . continued

Happy New Year!  We had a fantastic time celebrating the New Year with family and friends.  While I'm looking forward to great things in 2011, I also am having a blast "remembering" 2010 and the great clients I had a chance to photograph.  Here's a few more . . .


Cousins - November 2010
The Grandmother of these three first cousins had some special "grandchildren" frames, and her sweet daughter-in-law contacted me to help her fill them with special photographs.  These kids were a joy to work with, and I am told their Grandmother really enjoyed the photographs, too.



This, I believe, was my client's favorite (the daughter-in-law . . . not the Grandma). 

This one is my favorite from the shoot.  The reflection on the water is just so beautiful. And my favorite part of this shot is one that you, just by looking wouldn't know . . . unless I told you. . . and I will!  It was so sweet because I did not pose them in this position.  While I did have them sit down, the boy put his head on his cousin's shoulder and then his sister followed suit.  It was at that point that I said, "HOLD THAT POSITION!"  :)




I know I said the last one was my favorite, but I do love this one, too. . .

 




Love everything about this one.  The lighting, the spontaneity and, of course, the grain.  :)






*******************************************************************************

A New Family
This next family was very excited to have their first photographs taken together . . . as a family.  You see, the couple wed in January 2010, and hadn't yet had pictures done together.  I'm honored that they chose me to take their first family portraits, and I wish them much happiness together, as a family.



The "reflective" parents behind the kids shot always melts my heart.  :)



Love this one (below)



I think this one is my favorite from the shoot. 

 
Thanks for looking!  Happy New Year and peace!!!  :)


2 comments:

  1. So very honored to know you and see your heart, soul and love of photography come to such fruition. Thank you, again, for taking the pictures of the kids. They will be treasured FOREVER by all of us. Stay in business cause I've got 2 kids for senior pictures and you and I both know while it seems like forever away it will be here before we know it. Congratulations on your site and I will be visiting often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we were thrilled to have family photos taken and thrilled that you were taking them as we knew they would be fabulous and creative. You captured this special year for us and will cherish these photos for years to come. We wish you the best in this endeavor and know you will be successful as you are in everything you touch. The Wall-Hickmans

    ReplyDelete