Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas from A Case Photo Place!

So, I really wanted to do an A Case Photo Place Christmas card this year to send to all of my 2011 clients, but time slipped by too fast.  Must have been the busy fall I had filled with so many sessions (that I still haven't had time to blog about).  Yay! 

Instead of an A Case Photo Place card this year, ya'll get the next best thing . . . my family card.  Creating fun Christmas cards with my kids' photos have been a tradition of mine for about 9 years now.  They have gotten pretty crazy over the years with many hijinx back and forth between the siblings . . . always girls against the boy and vice versa.  After about 5 years of the hijinx, I figured I'd run the gamut on that and decided to do something really groovy instead.  :) 

I called my hippy friend Lola who happens to be the best costumer around, who hooked me up with THREE (that's right THREE) giant tubs of hippy-wear for us to choose from!  What fun it was for my girls to try on all the old styles from the 70s!  Callahan may not have liked the wigs as much as we did, but we made him wear one despite his resistance.  He was a good sport!

All of the clothes in this photo are vintage, except for Callahan's yellow shirt and his jeans.  Nope, those aren't REAL bell-bottoms.  I clone-stamped the "bells" on to them. :)  Oh, and Lukah's headband is current, too, but it looks pretty boho-hippy to me.  Other than those items all of them are VINTAGE . . . including the shoes!  Thank you, Lola for absolutley making my card this year with your cool stuff! 

So here's the finished product.  All design done in Quark and then I used photoshop to create a vintage "yellowed" look on the photo. 




Merry Christmas from A Case Photo Place, and from my family to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment