Saturday, March 19, 2011

Goodbye Winter!

I am SOOOOOOOO happy that tomorrow is the first day of Spring!  My flowers are sprouting, and soon the trees will be budding.  Track is underway for my girls -- I can't wait to sit out in that Spring air and watch them run (even though sometimes it is rainy and freezing, too.).  And soon Cal will be practicing baseball . . . his favorite!

In honor of Old Man Winter's much awaited departure, I'm posting some of my favorite pictures I took during the blasted cold frozen tundra also known as an Illinois winter. . . 


******************


Here's one of my favorite shots ever!  I love how she is camoflauged by the brush.  So beautiful!  


I love this one -- not just cuz it's cute, but we had such a funny time trying to get the dog to pose. He would NOT MOVE.  He is like 150 years old now and was being a stubborn and crotchety old man.  This is the best we could get.  I'll take it, and will laugh when I see it years from now, remembering our attempts for the perfect picture.  Love you, Vegas! 


These next two will always remind me of our catastrophic trip to Weldon Springs on a somewhat warmer winter day.  Corey tried to get closer to the water and ended up sliding down a big mud hill so we had to leave because he was COVERED in mud.  It was pretty funny, but I didn't get many pictures that day -- just these.  But I love 'em!   




Callahan is an outside boy.  He always has been, always will be.  Usually he has a ball of some sort in his hands while out there -- shooting hoops or swinging his wiffle ball bat and hitting balls all by himself.  He had a particularly fun winter because of all the snow.  The cold didn't bother him one single bit.  He'd wait for me to get home from work and as soon as I pulled in the drive he'd meet me at the door -- already all dressed up in his snow gear and ready to go outside and play (even if it was 20 below zero). Here are some shots of him having a ball in our front yard!






He built the cutest snowman ever!
 



OK, even I was a little sad when he melted.  He was so cute!  :)




One cold Saturday, we took Lukah and Callahan sledding at Weldon Springs.  Lukah was a great
snow-shot model.  These crack me up! 


SOOOOOOOOOOO SERIOUS! 






Cute "crinkle nose"!!!



Watching the action on the hill. 




Lukah giving him a BIG push!  


Amazingly enough, they made it all the way down the hill standing up that way! 


 BUDS FOREVER! 







 'Til next time winter. I can't say that I will miss you.  At least Callahan will!   

Thanks for looking. Peace! 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment