Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A gift from God

Ten years ago (this month, in fact), I had my last itty, bitty, newborn baby.  It's been so long, I had forgotten.   I had forgotten their neediness. Their beauty. Their helplessness. Their wondering expressions.Their emerging personalities.   Their urgent cries.  Their bright eyes.  Their inevitable spirit.  Their heart. Their pure soul that you can see straight into when you look deeply into their eyes. 

I held Averie, and  I remembered . . . instantly.  It all came back to me. And then I took her picture, so maybe, just maybe, these will help her mommy and daddy remember all of those things that I had forgotten.

******************************************************************************

Averie was only 8 days old, but she was wide awake for most of her shoot.  And content.  Miss Bright Eyes looked straight into my soul time and time again.
I wonder what she saw?  :)



I Loved the blues (below). 
I made the diaper cover just for her shoot.  


Can't decide if she wants to smile or cry? 



Her hand on her chin makes her look like she is in deep thought!  :)


Now I might be getting sleepy . . . (yawn!)


Or maybe I'll just lay here and take it all in?



Or maybe I'm hungry? 


Or maybe I'll think some more??  :) 

 




My name is Averie, and I was born a Princess.  :)


Even though I am only 8 days old, I like to contemplate life.  And judging by my furrowed brow, I seem to have a lot on my mind . . .


Not just any girl can wear green and wear it well, but Averie does!  :)







 There is nothing sweeter in the world than newborn baby hands. 
Nothing. 
Except maybe newborn
baby  smell.  :)


I am so small, even a flower throw pillow
dwarfs me!  :)




SOOOOOOOO TINY!  I made her diaper
cover just for her shoot!  :)




All dressed up with nowhere to go.  And so she sleeps-- because a girl needs her beauty rest!



Edited version



This next series really tugs at my heart.  Such a beautiful young mother who has only begun her wonderful journey.
She will laugh, she will cry, she will experience disappointment sometimes, and pride that will burst her seams more often than not.  
She will love fearlessly. 
And I hope she enjoys the ride.  
It goes by fast.
Too fast . . .





And these remind me that there is a God.  Not that there was ever any question.  But that light shining down on this tiny new soul just confirmed it. 




God bless you Averie, and your new Mommy and Daddy on their parenthood journey.  I can't wait to watch you grow into a wonderful person!

Thanks for looking.  Peace! 

4 comments:

  1. Andi,
    Love your narrative as I looked at these pictures. You have lots of talent! Thanks for sharing, my friend! Blessings to you!
    Brenda (Centers) Ireland

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are SO good Andi!!! That baby is precious. Beautiful just like her mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thank you Brenda! That means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Ashley! She is precious and beautiful like her mommy, no doubt. Maybe some day I will get to take some newborn photos for your baby, too! :)

    ReplyDelete